digital minimalism is an idea. A concept. A movement. A deliberate strategy that says, “In a World of More, Better, Faster, Cheaper, Less is More. Less is Better.”
This blog and my forthcoming book offer strategies and tactics to achieve balance, to live life fully in an age of digital overload, interruptions and distraction.
digital minimalism is very new, but we’re very certain of the following:
- Technology and the internet are positive, valuable and integral parts of our lives and the lives of our children
- Too much of anything can be detrimental
- Information paralysis, overload and over-connectedness are very real
- They exist primarily because we now use the internet for both work and recreation
- With the advent of smart phones, many of us now have two modes: “Online” and “Asleep”
- If the problem is “Too Much”, the solution will always be “Less”
- digital minimalism is about deliberate simplification of our digital lives in order to experience a healthier balance and live fuller lives
- It’s about identifying the essential and letting go of all else
If you haven’t yet subscribed, please join me on this journey into uncharted territory!
About Adam Boettiger
digital minimalism is written & published by Adam Boettiger from Portland, Oregon and other inspirational places around the globe.
Boettiger has worked in the internet sector since 1994, has a love/hate relationship with email, fully embraces social media (with limits), is overtly fascinated by the intersection of the internet, technology, attention, focus, connectedness, over-connectedness, deliberate simplification and minimalism. He loves to change lives.
About this site
digitalminimalism.com is Hosted by ServInt